Thursday 24 November 2016

UTeM Spring Festival Roadshow to The Salvation Army, Malacca

I did my first volunteering job. The UTeM  spring festival Committee visited The Salvation Army, Malacca for our first roadshow. As our theme was  承翌 (Cheng Yi ) basically it means sincerity , going out to help the folks, to share , spread and enrich others with the tradition/ culture of Chinese.

We went there by bus, arriving at our destination at 8.30am. We were furthur separated into small groups and divided the chores. My group was in charged of gardening. Pulling out the weeds and plants that twirls on the fence all around the house , its hard work! The children over here actually hand grown their own garden, they even have a few stalk of paddy ! 

Others teams did the cleaning of rooms, wiping the windows , sweep and mop the floor , etc. Later on, we played with the kids, most of them are not around because its a Saturday, they only come here on weekdays for their leaning .

To be given the opportunity to make the kids second home a little cleaner, a little better and a little safer , its worth every sweat.

Will not be posting pictures over here, you can get them at UTeM Spring Festival first Roadshow for the pictures that will tell you guys what we had done on that day. Credits to the ever awesome Multimedia team.

Do come and like and support our Facebook page too :  UTeM Spring Festival


I am thankful for the opportunity given. I am thankful that I have both parents with me , both parents still alive and well , both parents who are so supportive of all my decisions, both parents who are there always. I am blessed.

 Till then,
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine SHN Life at Park Avenue Changi Hotel Singapore

Yellow! It's been ages since I have written anything new. I have too much time on hand for now and so I though I might as well document ...