Friday 20 May 2016

Tandoor Grill in Greentown, Ipoh

After Sekinchan trip, we continue our journey to Ipoh to my relative's house . My cousin, who is is Doctor (rich ,  rich !! ) bring us for dinner at Tandoor Grill. This place offers Indian cuisine specifically , where there is also ballroom located above it, so many wedding dinners can be held at the ballroom.

First walk into the place already feeling amuse. Definately love the cold and cozy atmosphere. Its fine dining over here . Not noisy at all as there was not much customer at the time.




We started our nom-nom with  papadom ( its like a soft keropok ) , along with a mint greenish bowl of liquid. Tasted super good. First time trying them and already liking them. The mint greenish thing is a bit acidic but a great combo with the Papadom. Its called mint chutney.





We got Mango Lassi for drinks, its some  of healthy yogurt drink that is very popular in this place . It is more to a dense drink but you can definately feel the freshness and its healthy !



Below are the dishes that my cousin ordered that day. I don't really know or remember much. So it's a bit sketchy.

We had Tandoori Chicken. Yum yum. It tasted really delicious. From what I observed and tasted , it was marinated well and spices were there. I like it. Some of the dishes over here can be quite spicy so do ask the waiter before ordering.



We also had Briyani. One of them had mutton chunks in it, another two with chicken chunks. The rice is a longer type of rice or they call it Basmati rice. I really love it, it is aromatic with great spices.



Then there are also Vindaloo, I can't remember properly.









The top one for this dinner will definately be the cheese naan. You eat them along with any available item. Just mix this and that, a bit of this and that, and just one mouthful, really delicious. That's my way of eating it, a bit clumsy but yummy. I like it. It is something like roti naan. But the thickness of the dough is just right to accompany with whatever vindaloo , the mint chutney or anything actually :)

 



This place is cozy and quite, and there are actually private rooms available. The toilets are very clean . There was about 5-6 tables that was accupied by other families, mostly Chinese. My cousin told me that this place offer one of the best Indian aunthentic cuisine . The price will be slightly higher as it offers top service and great atmosphere. There was a wedding going on as there were people walking from the small room located just beside the dining call towards the entrance, they were carrying gold, tons of gold jewellery and are all dress decently in the indian traditional wear.

There is also a bar over here. It looks legit but I did not ask more about that. Love their design though.

I am really full after having this dinner. Satisfy to the max. Will definately come back for second round ( that's if I have a lot of $$$ ) , but overall very satisfy with place, would suggest anyone that is visiting Ipoh to give a try. If you are planning to have a small closed dinner with your friends or colleague , there are rooms that you can rent .




Signature: Indian cuisines
Prices: High
 Instagram friendly: Yes , there is an elephant artwork at the front entrance :)
 WIFI: No
Service : Good
Ambience: Comfortable and cozy
Aircond: Yes

Their menu : 
 Menu

Their facebook :  Tandoor Grill

Their address :                                        Tandoor Grill
No. 9, Jalan Chin Choon Sam,
Greentown, 30450 Ipoh,
Perak, Malaysia.

GPS :4.599504,101.098063

Ps . All write-up is based on my own opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine SHN Life at Park Avenue Changi Hotel Singapore

Yellow! It's been ages since I have written anything new. I have too much time on hand for now and so I though I might as well document ...