Wednesday 5 October 2016

Mountain Where I Run

Its been 1 month. 1 FREAKING month since I stepped into UTeM. I did not get homesick as I think I would, thanks to the holidays and breaks ( Hari Raya Haji, Malaysia Day, Awal Muharam) , I went back home once a fortnight.

Just completed my first Japanese Test and Maths Engineering test, I think I did quite well, haha thanks to some leak question and so on. Getting suited over here really fine so thats great.

I got into Sales and Marketing for the upcoming Spring Festival. That's a suprise! I just knew I suck at the interview and was already dejected, and just comforting myself that its ok. If you know me, I do  not really do ''charity'' works, mainly involving myself just to get the merits and benefits. But somehow, during the first week of orientation, I changed this mindset. I just did not want my Uni life to be black and white, I want to get involve into something, maybe something small, something manageable , something that I think I can do well. I think this is actually the first time I involve myself in, knowing that I will need to put effort and time , and there will no be a guarantee reward, instead I might just find myself facing troubles and stress all the way. But hey, YOLO , I just wanted to try, just wanted to experience something new.

I remember going to the interview with a thumping heart, not because I was scared or nervous or any sort, I was rushing from place to place and I did not want to wait for the interviewer (senior ) in case  they decide to take a break. I heard from my friends , some of them waited like super long about 1 hour plus , or maybe the senior in charge of a certain bureau is not around, so the interview will be on standstill until they are back.

Normal procedure, that is introducing myself, speak of my strength and weakness ( I suck in Chinese, so I did it in English ) . Then the senior asked me if unfortunately this year sales was too bad that they require me to go door by door , just to push the sales , will I be willing to do it? I actually hesitated for a while but finally I said ''NO'' . I remember he asked me another time for reassurance , I did not change my answer. I really cannot imagine myself going door to door and knock and asked them to buy the tickers, if they open a booth (which is a normal thing) , I will most certainly do it. But no, not door to door sales. That was my first flaw. Then he asked me if I did not get into the Bureau of Sales and Marketing , will I be willing to enter other Bureau. Again, I said ''No'' . Not that I did not want to join others, its just that I know my strengths and I do not want to force myself into doing something that I did not want when I have a choice. That was my second flaw. I think the interview lasted only 2 minutes. That's all.

Exiting the room, I knew my chances were slim. But I just smile when my friends asked me and said that if its God's will, then I will get it, if not, so be it. I actually got it!!! I think they recruited me because I am  the only one from my faculty that interviewed for that bureau . So yeah, lucky me!

Just went for the first meeting on the Monday that just passed, it was okay. Everyone is super friendly so yeah, I think its a good start maybe?

Anyway, been hearing to  Sarah McMillan -King of My Heart .  
Non Stop.

Tomorrow I have Statics quiz and here I am wasting my time away.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine SHN Life at Park Avenue Changi Hotel Singapore

Yellow! It's been ages since I have written anything new. I have too much time on hand for now and so I though I might as well document ...